Giedraičiai is a town in Molėtai district municipality, Lithuania with about 700 residents. It is located some 45 km north of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania, on the banks of Lake Kiementas. It is the capital of an elderate. The town, according to a local legend founded by Duke Giedrius, is first mentioned in written sources in 1338 when Grand Duke Gediminas signed a peace treaty with the Teutonic Knights. For a long time it was the centre of Giedraitis family estate.