What would he think today about the fruits of his labor
When Atlanta Took the Train
Maritime Museum Lecture Series
When Georgia Howled: Sherman on the March
Tiny Towns and Vanishing Villages: Portland Mills
Atlanta's first Union Station, also known as Union Depot (1853–1864) was the original depot of Atlanta, Georgia. It was designed by architect Edward A. Vincent. It stood in the middle of State Square, the city's main square at the time, where Wall Street now is between Pryor Street and Central Avenue. It was destroyed in General Sherman's burning of the city during the Battle of Atlanta. Atlanta's 1871 Union Station was built on the site.