North High Street Historic District (Holyoke, Massachusetts)
YNDC gets national grant to continue revitalizing blighted neighborhoods
Residents gather in Holyoke to try and save Yankee Pedlar building
Hector lavor de holyoke ma
Holyoke reveals Center City redevelopment plan
Holyoke's two high schools to merge next fall
The North High Street Historic District is a historic district encompassing part of the downtown area of Holyoke, Massachusetts. When first added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, the district encompassed North High Street, between Dwight and Lyman Streets. This part of High Street was built between 1850 and 1885, and is lined with masonry buildings in Italianate and Second Empire styles. In 1992 the district was extended southward, adding three blocks of High Street between Dwight and Essex Streets. This expansions encompasses the growth of Holyoke during the height of its commercial success, between 1880 and 1930; it also includes the separately-listed Holyoke City Hall. The district was extended a third time, in 2008, adding a complex of three buildings at Dwight and Maple Streets that now houses the Holyoke Health Center.