The North Sydney Olympic Pool is a swimming and exercise complex located adjacent to Sydney Harbour at Milsons Point in North Sydney between the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Luna Park. Designed by architects Rudder & Grout in the Inter-War Free Classical style with art deco-style decorations, the Olympic-sized outdoor pool was built on part of the Dorman Long workshops site following the completion of the Harbour Bridge. The pool opened 4 April 1936 and hosted the swimming and diving events for the 1938 Empire Games. Heating was added in 2000 and a 25m indoor pool was added in 2001. Despite the name, it was not the aquatic venue for the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games; the aquatic events took place at the Sydney International Aquatic Centre in Sydney Olympic Park.