North Wheatley is a village and former civil parish, now in the parish of North and South Wheatley, in Bassetlaw district, in the county of Nottinghamshire, England. At the time of the 2001 census it had a population of 489, increasing to 509 at the 2011 census. It is located 6 miles north-east of Retford. The village has a number of 17th century brick houses. The Old Hall on Low Street/Church Hill is dated 1673, with the arms of the Cartwright family. The parish church of St Peter and St Paul was restored in 1896. Many farms in the area have dovecotes, either as free-standing buildings or above farm buildings. The civil parish was merged with South Wheatley to form North and South Wheatley.