The Northern Hotel was a three-story hotel located in Ely, Nevada. Three businessmen from Goldfield, Nevada, including Tex Rickard, commissioned the building's construction in 1906. The building was initially proposed as a three-story business block, although a decision was made during construction to open the upper floors as a hotel. The Northern Hotel opened in January 1907, and was well received, although it later closed in 1932, because of a lack of business. The Northern Hotel reopened in 1937, and was later destroyed entirely in a fire on May 17, 1964.