logo

Video encyclopedia

Northside Historic District (Elizabeth City, North Carolina)

Northside Historic District is a national historic district located at Elizabeth City, Pasquotank County, North Carolina. The district encompasses 398 contributing buildings in a predominantly residential section of Elizabeth City. The district developed from the mid-19th to mid-20th century, and includes representative examples of Greek Revival, Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, Bungalow / American Craftsman, and Classical Revival style architecture. Notable contributing buildings include the John S. Burgess House, Scott-Culpepper House, Luther C. Lassiter House (1908-1913), William F. Williams House (1908-1914), Miles Pritchard House, Mack N. Sawyer House (1895), the Godfrey-Foreman House, Dr. Walter W. Sawyer House (1915), City Road United Methodist Church (1900-1902), Blackwell Memorial Baptist Church (1902), former Elizabeth City High School (1923), and S. L. Sheep School (1940).