Notre Dame de Chicago is a Roman Catholic church in the Near West Side community area of Chicago, Illinois. The church was built from 1889 to 1892, replacing an earlier church built in 1865 at a different site. French Canadian architect Gregoire Vigeant designed the church in the Romanesque Revival style; the design has a heavy French influence which can be seen in its Greek cross layout, its hipped roofs and square domes, and the emphasis on height suggested by its two cupolas and its lantern. Due to the declining size of its original French congregation, the Archdiocese of Chicago gave control of the church to the Fathers of the Blessed Sacrament in 1918. The church hosted the International Eucharistic Congress in 1926.