logo

Video encyclopedia

Nottingham (speedway)

The Nottingham speedway team competed in the 1930s, with a home track on Trent Lane, Nottingham. The track was originally built at the Olympic Gardens, which was later replaced with the White City stadium. After staging open matches in 1929, a Nottingham team competed in the Southern League in 1930 and 1931, the National League in 1933, and the Provincial League in 1936 and 1937. In 1938 the Provincial League became the National League Division Two; Nottingham started the season but withdrew after the final meeting to be held at Nottingham on 31 May 1938, with Leeds taking over the team's remaining fixtures.

Relations

  • General¬†