The Noxon House is a Georgian Home in Poughquag, a Hamlet of Beekman, in Dutchess County, NY. It was built in 1770 by Benjamin Noxon and stands alongside of what was once known as the Old Upper Road in historic Poughquag, NY. It is an intact Georgian home of the era, with brick exterior, hipped roof, square, symmetrical rectangular shape, paneled front door at center decorative windows and elements on either side over front door, five double hung sash windows across the second floor front and four on the first floor,four and four paired chimneys. It preserves a typical Georgian floor plan inside, with four over four and a center staircase ascending, another staircase descending behind it to the lower level and what was the original kitchen for the house. That kitchen still retains a beehive bread oven, large fireplace and original fittings, panels and beamed ceiling. Throughout, the house preserves its original wide plank floors, original windows and glass panes, many original moldings and doors, 8 fireplaces with original surrounds and mantels and original timbers and beams throughout the house. The house has a long history in the area and It is mentioned in travel accounts from the early nineteenth century.