Bend, Oregon Ave, looking west to Pine Tavern Ca.1939
The Pine Tavern is a restaurant in Bend, Oregon, United States. Opened in 1936, the restaurant is located in downtown Bend and is one of the city's best known landmarks. The main dining room was built around two large ponderosa pine trees for which the restaurant is named. Both the main dining room and the restaurant's outdoor garden dining area overlook the Deschutes River. Today, the Pine Tavern is the oldest restaurant in the city of Bend.