logo

Video encyclopedia

Pullabrook Halt railway station

Train stations

Pullabrook Halt was a railway station opened in 1931 by the Great Western Railway to serve the hamlet of Pullabrook that lies between Bovey Tracey and Lustleigh in West Devon, England. Opened as Hawkmoor Halt after Hawkmoor Hospital, originally known as Hawkmoor County Sanatorium, a specialist hospital founded in 1913 as a pulmonary tuberculosis sanatorium. It was renamed Pullabrook Halt by the British Railways in 1955, a few years before closure.