Castle Defenders Tandragee@ john hunter memorial parade 2013
Tanderagee railway station was opened on 6 January 1852. It was originally named Madden Bridge and was located on the Madden road between the two villages of Tandragee and Gilford, it was finally closed on 4 January 1965. Tanderagee is also spelt as Tandragee named after the nearby village of Tandragee. Tanderagee and Gilford railway station was the original name upon opening of the station. The station was built to serve the nearby Ulster villages of Tandragee, County Armagh and Gilford, County Down, Northern Ireland.