Tour Of Entwistle Train Station, Entwistle, Near Edgworth, Lancashire
Edgworth murder scene
Station Road, Chapeltown
edgworth fail to make top 6
Entwistle Reservoir, Bolton
Turton and Edgworth railway station, located at 4 miles, 856 yards from Bolton, on the Bolton to Blackburn line, opened as Chapel Town Station. The short length original low height platform seen in early photographs at the front of the station building are replicated exactly at Bromley Cross, itself known to have opened in June 1848. Permanent station buildings were provided along the line in 1859, constructed with locally quarried sandstone, by Joseph Greenup and Co of Manchester. The original minutes of the railway company held at National Archives, Kew, reveal that the engineers drew up the plans for the 1859 building at Chapel Town and minute 273, dated 25 May 1859, reveals that tenders were sought for a station and detached cottage and loading shed at Chapel Town, at an estimated cost of £500. The 'detached cottage' survives as a private house close to the automated level crossing.