Peeks Into The Past: Tales of Battle Creek's Michigan Central Railroad Station
Railroads of Battle Creek - Pure Michigan Trains
Durand MI - Railroad Days - May 5 1990
First Battle Creek Station Visit with CN/IC, Amtrak, a short CN and a couple CNs
Railfanning Battle Creek & Lansing, MI 9/23-24/2018
Battle Creek station, listed in the National Register of Historic Places as the Penn Central Railway Station, is a disused train station in Battle Creek, Michigan. It opened on July 27, 1888. Rogers and MacFarlane of Detroit designed the depot, one of several Richardsonian Romanesque-style stations between Detroit and Chicago in the late nineteenth century. Thomas Edison as well as Presidents William Howard Taft and Gerald Ford visited here. The depot was acquired by the New York Central Railroad in 1918, Penn Central in 1968 and Amtrak in 1970. The depot was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.