Sharston Roundabout from Altrincham Road Sharston A560, FOWING ALT. THEN RING ROAD WEST & NORTH
Wythenshawe in the 70s
Sharston Ind. Estate
Open House Tour of Beech House, 2 Lauriston Close, Sharston, Manchester, M22 4TZ
Sharston Hall was a manor house built in Sharston, an area of Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, in 1701. A three-storey building with Victorian additions, it was purchased by Thomas Worthington, an early umbrella tycoon, and occupied by the Worthington family until 1856, when the last male heir died. The hall was occupied by the Henriques family in the 1920s, but following their death in a motor accident in 1932 the house was converted into flats. Manchester Corporation purchased the hall in 1926. During the Second World War it was leased by the local watch committee for use by the police, civil defence and fire services.