Vale S.A. is a Brazilian multinational corporation engaged in metals and mining and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil.
Tata Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Founded in 1868 by Jamshedji Tata, the company gained international recognition after purchasing several global companies, beginning with Tetley in 2000, recorded as "the biggest acquisition in Indian corporate history." One of India's largest conglomerates, Tata Group is owned by Tata Sons, a registered charity.
Glencore plc is an Anglo–Swiss multinational commodity trading and mining company with headquarters in Baar, Switzerland, and a registered office in Saint Helier, Jersey. The current company was created through a merger of Glencore with Xstrata on 2 May 2013. As of 2015, it ranked tenth in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's largest companies.
ArcelorMittal S.A. is a Luxembourgish multinational steel manufacturing corporation headquartered in Luxembourg. It was formed in 2006 from the takeover and merger of Arcelor by Indian owned Mittal Steel. ArcelorMittal is the world's largest steel producer, with an annual crude steel production of 98.1 million tons as of 2014. It is ranked 123 in the 2017 Fortune Global 500 ranking of the world's biggest corporations.
Coal mining is the process of extracting coal from the ground. Coal is valued for its energy content, and, since the 1880s, has been widely used to generate electricity. Steel and cement industries use coal as a fuel for extraction of iron from iron ore and for cement production. In the United Kingdom and South Africa, a coal mine and its structures are a colliery, a coal mine a pit, and the above-ground structures the pit head. In Australia, "colliery" generally refers to an underground coal mine. In the United States, "colliery" has been used to describe a coal mine operation but nowadays the word is not commonly used.
'Vedanta Resources plc is a global diversified [Account Number : 20152236535 Nama : Kamatchi sundaram K Branch : JP Nagar IFSC Code : SBIN0007117metals]] and mining company with its headquarters in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest mining and non-ferrous metals company in India and has mining operations in Australia and Zambia and oil and gas operations in three countries. Its main products are Zinc, Lead, Silver, Oil & Gas, Iron Ore, Steel, Aluminium and Power. It is also developing commercial power stations in India in Odisha and Punjab. The company is principally owned by Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal through Volcan Investments, a holding vehicle with a 61.7% stake in the business.
Vedanta Limited, formerly known as Sesa Sterlite/Sesa Goa Limited, a Vedanta Group company is one of the world's largest global diversified natural resource majors, with operations across zinc-lead-silver, oil & gas, iron ore, copper, aluminium and commercial power.
Anglo American plc is a multinational mining company based in Johannesburg, South Africa and London, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest producer of platinum, with around 40% of world output, as well as being a major producer of diamonds, copper, nickel, iron ore and metallurgical and thermal coal. The company has operations in Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and South America.
Uranium One is a Russian-Canadian uranium mining company with headquarters in Toronto, Ontario. It has operations in Australia, Canada, Kazakhstan, South Africa and the United States. In 2010, Rosatom, the Russian state-owned uranium monopoly, through its subsidiary ARMZ, bought a 51.4% controlling interest in the Canadian company. In January 2013 Rosatom purchased the remaining 48.6% of the company, at a value of $1.3 billion.
The Mining industry in India is a major economic activity which contributes significantly to the economy of India. The GDP contribution of the mining industry varies from 2.2% to 2.5% only but going by the GDP of the total industrial sector it contributes around 10% to 11%. Even mining done on small scale contributes 6% to the entire cost of mineral production. Indian mining industry provides job opportunities to around 700,000 individuals.