Tobacco Dock is a Grade I listed warehouse in the Docklands area of the East End of London, United Kingdom. It was constructed in approximately 1811 and served primarily as a store for imported tobacco.
Marble Point is a rocky promontory on the coast of Victoria Land, Antarctica, located at 77° 26' S latitude and 163° 50' E longitude. The United States operates a station at the point. The outpost is used as a helicopter refueling station supporting scientific research in the nearby continental interior such as the McMurdo Dry Valleys. Weather permitting, helicopters are able to fly in and out of the station 24 hours a day during the summer research season.
Bakhmetevsky Bus Garage was a public bus garage in Moscow, designed in 1926 by Konstantin Melnikov and Vladimir Shukhov. The building, completed in 1927, was an example of applying avant-garde architectural methods to an industrial facility. Neglected for decades and nearly condemned to demolition, it was restored in 2007–2008 and reopened in September 2008 as a gallery of modern art.
The Munich Central Collecting Point was a depot used by the Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives program after the end of the Second World War to process, photograph and redistribute artwork and cultural artefacts that had been confiscated by the Nazis and hidden throughout Germany and Austria. Other Central Collecting Points were located at Marburg, Wiesbaden and Offenbach, with the overall aim of restituting the artefacts to their countries of origin.
The Beebe and Runyan Furniture Showroom and Warehouse is located at 105 South 9th Street in Downtown Omaha, Nebraska. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 1998, and is a contributing property to the Warehouses in Omaha Multiple Property Submission.
Virginia Can Company-S.H. Heironimus Warehouse is a historic factory and warehouse complex located at Roanoke, Virginia. The "U"-shaped complex was built in 1912, and consists of an office and two factory buildings. All three of the buildings are two stories in height and are constructed of brick on a raised foundation of poured concrete. A second-story pedestrian bridge connects the two factory buildings and a brick hyphen connects the office building to the north factory building. The complex was built for the Virginia Can Company, the first and largest manufacturer of tin cans in Roanoke, Virginia. After 1951, it housed a clothing factory and then the Heironimus department store warehouse.
The Fairbanks-Morse Warehouse is a heritage building located at 14 23rd Street East in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Formerly serving as a warehouse for the Fairbanks-Morse Company, the building has been converted into residential condominium lofts.
Storehouse No. 4, also known as the Eagle Point Storehouse, is an historic storehouse located on International Street in Hyder, Alaska. It was built in 1896 under supervision of engineer David du Bose Gaillard. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The VR warehouses were a group of redbrick railway warehouses designed by Bruno Granholm in the centre of Helsinki, Finland. They were used by the Finnish State Railways from their construction in 1899 until the 1980s. Their official address was Mannerheimintie 13. The warehouses were badly damaged in a fire on 5 May 2006 and were subsequently demolished. The Helsinki Music Centre was built on the site of the warehouses.
's Lands Zeemagazijn is a 17th-century building near Kattenburgerplein in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, which served as arsenal of the Admiralty of Amsterdam. Designed by Daniël Stalpaert and constructed in 1655/1656, it is an example of Dutch Baroque architecture. Since 1973, the building has housed the National Maritime Museum.
The Meier & Frank Delivery Depot, located in northwest Portland, Oregon, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built for Portland retailing company Meier & Frank, the building was designed by Sutton & Whitney and constructed in 1927. From 1986 to 2001, the building was owned by the Oregon Historical Society, for processing of items and storage of its collections.
The Hudson's Bay Company began a trading post in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada in 1938 at the height of the first gold rush in the region. Fire destroyed the original building in January 1945, and the HBC rebuilt and reopened this expanded trading post store and warehouse in November 1945. It served the Old Town waterfront of Yellowknife for several years. The post was primarily designed for prospector’s bush orders during the gold boom years. With the opening of a modern downtown department store in 1947, the Old Town post catered almost exclusively to bush orders, fur trappers, commercial fishers, and prospector supplies. The store closed in 1960 when all HBC operations were centralized to the downtown location. Thereafter, the building was used only as a warehouse for HBC retail operations. The Bay retail stores were rebranded as Northern Stores Inc in 1987 and the warehouse was sold to Les Rocher who has owned it ever since.